bromobutyl rubber closure provides a gas tight seal for GL 25 and GL 45 laboratory bottles. Bromobutyl rubber is essentially impermeable to most gasses and provides a controlled environment inside the glass bottle for oxygen sensitive materials. Useful for maintaining anaerobic culture conditions. Butyl rubber allows for multiple punctures providing easy access to the contents with a syringe.Applications:
- Storage of anaerobic culture media (amber glass bottles recommended).
- Aerobic methane oxidation (MOx) research.
- Storage of oxygen sensitive materials.
- Stopper shape, and material properties optimised to fit DURAN® bottles with sizes from 10 ml to 20 l.
- Low permeability to air, gases and moisture.
- Material is virtually free of organics that might leach into the incubation medium.
- Elastic material for effective sealing and reliable self-sealing after needle piercing.
- Upper surface features 7 numbered hemispherical impressions for needle-piercing.
- Wide usable temperature range: - 50 to + 121 °C.
- Suitable for autoclaving / steam sterilising at 121 °C for 20 min.